The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) now allows local school systems to repurpose inclement weather days as asynchronous school days. At the discretion of the superintendent, HCPSS will use up to three inclement weather asynchronous days during the 2022-2023 school year. One of two additional codes will be instituted to reflect the decision to transition to an asynchronous instruction day:
- Code Purple Asynchronous Student Day - School buildings and Office buildings open for staff only
- Code Pink Asynchronous Student Day - School buildings and Office buildings closed
For each asynchronous inclement weather day, students should:
- Access the inclement weather asynchronous task options chart via the HCPSS Inclement Weather Asynchronous Instruction Plan website or the hard copy that was sent home to families upon request. K-5 students should complete one task per curriculum area:
- 1 Math
- 1 ELA
- 1 Content (either Science, Social Studies, or Health)
- 1 Related Arts task for that color day
- Circle the completed tasks on a hard copy of the task choices chart or make a list of completed tasks on a separate piece of paper.
- Submit the printed chart or the completed tasks list on a separate paper to their teacher at the end of the month to get marked as present for the asynchronous day attendance.
NOTE: For asynchronous days occurring less than nine days before the end of the month, task completion lists will be collected at the end of the next month. Attendance for asynchronous days will be updated monthly.
For more information, please visit the HCPSS Inclement Weather Asynchronous Instruction Plan.